Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Percent Complete Changed when Baseline is inserted

3 replies [Last post]
Robin Reyes
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

I am receiving an xer for the schedule update from the Contractor. The percent complete used for progress is the Cost Percent Complete. However, when I inserted the baseline into the schedule, the values on the Cost Percent Complete changes. When i removed the baseline, the Cost Percent Complete return to its original values. Does anyone knows the reason behind this? Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

just ask here or in linkedin and we will set you strainght.

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hello Zoltan

Thanks for this information. I recently moved to a new P6 database and forgot to change this default setting. Cost me hours to correct. Paul Harris also published this particular setting in the Admin.

Regards Johannes

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

goto 

Admin

Admin Preferences

Earned Value Tab

Then at the bottom under earned Value Calculations

make sure that the selection is Budgeted Values with current dates NOT PLANNED DATES