Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Original Duration Changing After Importing

4 replies [Last post]
Bashar Issa
User offline. Last seen 8 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

All of my original durations are changing after importing a baseline made on P6 v8.3, I am using P6 v6.0. The XER was converted to 6.0 before being imported. This is causing a massive problem for me and I am unable to find a solution.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

please point out where this calendar conversion factor is I have never seen it and I have no idea what you are talking about 

Bashar Issa
User offline. Last seen 8 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

I have found the solution and I will share it incase anyone else faces the same problem. 

The problem was in the conversion factors, the planner who had made the program in P6 V8.3 had changed the conversion factors by CALENDAR which is a new feature V7.0+ that I didnt know about. So when I checked his global conversion factors on his P6 they were the same as mine which is what led to my confusion; P6 V7.0+ automatically consideres the project calendar to supercede any global settings.

Thanks for the help everyone

Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 39 weeks ago. Offline

Bashar,

If you are unable to resolove the issue by importing the porject again then do one of the following:

1. Find what is % increase or decrease in the duration and then fix it by global change.

2. Export the data in Excel, correct it and re-import the data, but be careful if the scheule is resource loaded.

Regards

Rashid

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

how was it converted ? The only ones that I have seen a problem with is when you import a P3 file it divides the original duration by a factor of 8 is this your case ?

make sure that the calendar being usid is correct

make sure that the duration type is correct

make sure that the hours per time periods match 8 40 172 and 2000