Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calendar changed not effect to Original Duration and Lag duration

2 replies [Last post]
Sony Lei
User offline. Last seen 8 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear all, Could any one help me how to change activities Calendar from Old Caledar to new Calendar without effect to Original Duration and Lag duration. I have followed below instruction but still cannot keep the Original Duration and Lag Duration as the same when applied old Calendar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd8z70Cx6zU thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

go to enterprise 

calendars and create a new calendar

now go to activities add a column for calendar (its under general)

click in the calendar column change the first one in that column to the new calendar that you just added.

now hold the shift key and click on the last activity and make sure all activirtes are highlighted 

right click and select fill down

press f9 and rescheduel the project

go to the projects directory and make sure that your project is highlighted

click on the defaults tab and on the right select the new calendar that you just added 

now when you add a new activity it will ue the newly created calendar.

the duration of the lag does not change unless YOU change it. 

Sony Lei
User offline. Last seen 8 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

I want to focus on Lag duration, because it will follow predecessor activities Calendar, and when predecessor activities change Calendar, it will change also, i dont know how to keep it as original Lag duration...