Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 - Remaining duration does not change when Original Duration is altered.

4 replies [Last post]
Jonathan Jay
User offline. Last seen 6 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have imported a schedule from MS Project to P6 v.7.0. I changed all of the activity types from "resource dependent" to "task dependent" and I changed the duration type from "fixed duration and units" to "fixed duration and units/time".

Now when I change an un-statused activity's original duration in P6, the remaining duration doesn't change. It appears that the link between OD and RD is turned off. Can someone tell me where I can reset this link? I can change each duration individually, but I'm curious as to why the RD doesn't change automatically.

Replies

Mazura Maarof
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

unfortunately it does when u importing ms project into P6. i was wondering why my finish date doesnt move after i change the OD. End up, i find out the RD was different from OD eventho wtihout actual. 

Mazura Maarof
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

thanks..helpfull!

mani M.R
User offline. Last seen 4 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Hai Jay

Please check the below option

Project - Calaculation Tab - Link Budget and at acompletion for not started activities (Ticked) 

Reset Remaining duartion & Units to Original (Enable)

Regards

Mani

Manochehr Hosseini
User offline. Last seen 1 year 35 weeks ago. Offline

DEar Jonathan,

There is no link between OD and RD unless the activitiy doesnt have any actual.

Regards,