Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 - Remaining duration does not change when Original Duration is altered.

4 replies [Last post]
Jonathan Jay
User offline. Last seen 10 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have imported a schedule from MS Project to P6 v.7.0. I changed all of the activity types from "resource dependent" to "task dependent" and I changed the duration type from "fixed duration and units" to "fixed duration and units/time".

Now when I change an un-statused activity's original duration in P6, the remaining duration doesn't change. It appears that the link between OD and RD is turned off. Can someone tell me where I can reset this link? I can change each duration individually, but I'm curious as to why the RD doesn't change automatically.

Replies

Mazura Maarof
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

unfortunately it does when u importing ms project into P6. i was wondering why my finish date doesnt move after i change the OD. End up, i find out the RD was different from OD eventho wtihout actual. 

Mazura Maarof
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

thanks..helpfull!

mani M.R
User offline. Last seen 8 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Hai Jay

Please check the below option

Project - Calaculation Tab - Link Budget and at acompletion for not started activities (Ticked) 

Reset Remaining duartion & Units to Original (Enable)

Regards

Mani

Manochehr Hosseini
User offline. Last seen 5 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

DEar Jonathan,

There is no link between OD and RD unless the activitiy doesnt have any actual.

Regards,