Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import XER file from CD why Original Duration changing

4 replies [Last post]
Sureshbabu Shanmugam
User offline. Last seen 11 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi , pls help me to resolve my problem again in original duration

My company staff left the planning job i have been asked to do the job in P5,

previously Iam working in P3.

the problem is

When I import target file(XER file) form the soft copy(CD ) the Original duration get changing why?

When I import Progress program  form the soft copy(CD ) the Original duration get changing why?

Regrds

Replies

Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

May be in your project some calendar is wrong,pls check it.

Regards.

Sunil

Ahmet Ahmetoglu
User offline. Last seen 6 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar, TILOS

just copy your calender with a different name and reassign again.

Take care

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 41 min ago. Offline

If the durations ratio is by a factor of 8, if normal work day is 8 hours day, perhaps it is due to the difference in how P6 and P3 is storing durations, days versus hour. This is called the planning unit.

If this is so you can solve the issue with global changes but as far as I remember correction for lag values must be manual, the field is not available on the global change.

Google on how to make changes in planning unit for P3, maybe you will hit something of help.

If you opt to keep Days as planning unit you can make the duration changes as per following link.

http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/primavera-project-planner-p3/416507/global-changes-samples

P3 Durations Global Chaqnge

Regards,

Rafael

Tariq Usman
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Check the calender.

Regards,

Tariq