Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problem with resource after reinstalation. P6 'stand alone'

4 replies [Last post]
Piotr Tarasiewicz
User offline. Last seen 8 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Good evening to All.

I work on "stand alone" version of P6. After reinstalation i have problems with resources.

I have created for my schedule labour resource with "default units per time" = 99/day. I have assigned it for few activities, put a number of budgeted units and I have started to schedule. It was ok. Everything was going just well. We were measuring progress of our project using this units.

...but...

After reinstalation of P6 when I opened my schedule, budgeted units for this activities were changed. The same with "default units per time" =9/d (?).

I don't have any idea what have happend. Maybe somebody had some similar problems with importing xer after reinstalation.

I will be grateful for any feedback.

taras83

Replies

Piotr Tarasiewicz

Admin was testing settings on my stand alone version. I've already had conversation with him...

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

which begs the question why were the setting different in the 1st installation vs the 2nd installation

Piotr Tarasiewicz

Yes of course.
I've done some research and found solution.
Issues was concerning to "Multiple resource assignment" in "User preferences panel".

After re-installation some options have been changed. One of them was "Resources Assignment". After restoring settings and user preferences everything is just fine.
Thank you for your effort.

bez_tytulu.jpg

pt

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

i assume that you exported the file prior to reinstalling p6  ? Then imported it back into p6 after it was reinstalled ?