Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

User-defined Fields

5 replies [Last post]
Bo Johnsen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

A question about user-defined fields.

I've created a number of UDF's, some of them being of the Integer or Number type.

How do I prevent these types from summarizing on parent/WBS-level above, e.g. if writing "2" for one activity and "7" for another activity, a total of "9" will be shown in the parent level. I do not want this "9" to be shown, as it might not have any meaning (different units, etc.).

Can I choose which UDF's I want it to be shown for and which to hide (i.e. column by column) or is it all or nothing?

Thanks,

Bo

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Peter,

You can't filter on out of sequence activities, AFAIK. And I am not aware of any way to get a UDF to automatically show you out of sequence activities.

You can get a list of them from the schedule log file, and manualy enter that data into a UDF or activity code.

I'f you're a bit of a whiz with macros / VB, I imagine it would be possible to convert the log file into csv format, run it through a macro to clean it up for import into primavera, and assign codes / UDFs that way.

If you're locked out of creating UDFs, I imagine this is an issue over what admin rights you have -do you have a superuser / P6 administrator that could do it for you?

Alternative might be to just use an existing UDF, rather than creating new (though important to understand what else said UDF is used for before hand)

Or as mentioned, you could set up an activity code (assuming you're not locked out of doing that)

Cheers,

G

Peter Drury
User offline. Last seen 10 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Can anyone help.

How can I create either a UDF or Filter show that I can see activities that have progressed out of sequence.

I have tried creating a UDF and it appears that I am locked out from adding a new UDF.

Bo Johnsen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Tyler / Alfredo,

Thank you for the answers.

Have gone back to text-type UDF.

Not that user-friendly that the group-totals is not column-based.

Regards,

Bo

Alfredo Jr. Hubilla
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

You can use group and sort and then just uncheck the "Show Group Totals"..

Tyler Babin
User offline. Last seen 10 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Bo,

In my experience with UDF's it is all or nothing. If you don't need to specifically have an Interger there I would suggest changing the UDF type to text. Text type UDF's do not summarize.

Hope this Helps

Tyler