Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calculated user-defined fields

4 replies [Last post]
Rajesh Khanna Sake
User offline. Last seen 2 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is there any way we can insert a user defined column and assign a formula to it to calculate its values in Primavera P6?? I know there is such an option in MSP but I didn’t find one in P6.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Replies

Rajesh Khanna Sake
I was actually trying to calculate "Calendar Days" - I could assign a formula to the user-defined field and it is working fine at the activity level. But, at the WBS summary level - it is adding up "calendar days" associated with all the activities in that level which I believe is incorrect.
Is there any way we can change the way the summaries are rolled up just for the user defined fields?

Many Thanks,
Rajesh
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
The web-based P6 has calculated fields but this feature is not in the Client/Server version.
Rajesh Khanna Sake
Thank you very much !!!
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
you have to use global change for that.

HTH