Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Linkining between Tasks in two different files

3 replies [Last post]
Ahmed KHR
User offline. Last seen 6 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Planners,

I have détail plannings for the structures, This structures is including on the master schedule as macro activities (Major works, Finitions).

Link between this detail schedules and the Master scedule on MSP2007?

Regards.

Replies

Ahmed KHR
User offline. Last seen 6 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks a lot Jhobram, yes its verry simple after your explication.

Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi, is very easy...is like create a local link...i sugest you before all place all the files in the same directory.  After that, open the file where you wanna start to create the external links and select the activity to create the link (to here, all is normal ok), when you have the window open only in the ID field write the full path, and the file, and the id of activity that you wanna link...by example:

Path =

File 1= Plan1

File 2= Plan2

Ok, i wanna link the activity 25 of the File2 into the 4 activity of the File1...ok then, i have to open the File1 and select the Activity 4 and double click to open the task information window and selecte predecessor tab...in the field ID i write this:

c:\planner\File2.mpp\25

And this is all!!!!