Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Duplicate Subject Titles

4 replies [Last post]
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 3 min ago. Offline

Is it possible to control the occurrence of duplicate Subject titles in an automated way?

• Perhaps PP shall reject exact match of delicate Forum Topics titles.
  • Perhaps a warning that duplicates are being issued should be issued every time a user tries to post a duplicate title.
  • Perhaps the number of new topics created per day by each member shall be limited to some maximum, say 3 per day per member.

Replies

Rafael Davila

Thanks.

Anyway PP is second to none.

Hello.

We employ 3 young engineers to remove the spam (60 to 70 per day, every day) and most of the duplicate posts (sometimes none, sometimes 20).  One is based in the US, one in Europe and one in the Far East so we can cover most time zones.

It would be good to implement a fix to prevent the duplicate posts but for now our moderators (incl you Mike... and thanks) have to keep on top of things.  We have some plans but as all of our advertiser monies goes towards the server upkeep there is not much we can do at present.

PP Team.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Rafael

As the only moderator currently working on PP i have to delete the duplications.

It takes about 3 minutes to do each one.

Better if PP allow me to tick a box and just delete a poste rather than the 7 or 8 stages that I have to go through at present.

Last week some joker put 18 posts on th same topic.

Best regards

Mike t

Rafael Davila

It just happened that I clicked several times the save key as for whatever reason the site was not responding to my actions.

duplicates