Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Dummies Guide to Forensic Claims/Delays

13 replies [Last post]
Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 1 year 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine

Just wondering if there are any "Dummies Guide To..." books around, dealing with the above?
General explanation of delay analysis, "best" method to use, etc.
Had a look on Amazon but the choice is confusing
Any help and tips would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Nige

Replies

Hi Rafael / Mike,

Sounds good.  I'll (James) reply to your post about the closing of older discussions on your main post here http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/improving-planning-planet-website/646565/why-not-automatically-closing-old-discussions#new

Hope this helps.

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 16 hours 9 min ago. Offline

Mike,

My campaign is not to delete but to close for further comments, if Admin. gets it done then it will discourage people from reviving old discussions and opt to create a new discussion for those interested into it.  In many I might be interested to jump in but with a fresh point of view.

The problem is that for whatever reason there is ample supply of people that from time to time insist on getting many years late into some discussions.  Recently I was questioned about a years old posting I do not recall and cannot follow any longer as relevant images are no longer available.  For many years the creator has been inactive and by looking at his profile it might be he retired to live in paradise or down under.

Perhaps the only feasible solution is to opt out of PP. 

I believe i did it many years ago and my postings were not deleted but the name was changed to Forum Guest.  I have no problem with showing my name the issue is about closing the discussion and the annoying questions form those who insist on entering many years late.

Soon I will give it a try.  Maybe you can guide me on how to close my membership.

Best Regards

Rafael

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Rafael I support your campaign to get old posts deleted from the forum - but not the search record I hope. I do not endorse your approach to delete late posts on old topics - they may be quite valid but wrongly directed. Please don't do it again. Best regards Mike Testro
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 16 hours 9 min ago. Offline

Deleted by Rafael Davila as to avoid annoying requests to revive this discussion as it is older tha 3 years.

So old no longer Photobucket pictures are available.

Muhammad Ali, BE,...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Try downloading the Forensic Schedule Analysis Recommended Practice from the AACEi website, no charge. This provides the framework for schedule analysis done in a claims situation (after the impact event has actualized or the risk is no longer shared). 

Download the Change Management Time Impact Analysis Recommended Practice from the same site for a great explanation of how to do time extension requests.

Sadeeq Khan, PE, ...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 40 weeks ago. Offline

When can we expect that site to be launched?

Mike Testro
Hi Roland

It is all coming together at last.

There are three training modules ready for launch in the next week or so.

When the website is ready I will anounce the site.

In the meantime you can register an interest at

Planning.services@xlninternet.co.uk

Best regards

Mike Testro
Roland Tannous
User offline. Last seen 12 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hey Mike,

How’s your book coming along?

Regards
Mike Testro
Hi Shahul

This is not the "Dummies" guide.

This is the Big Daddy of delay analysis - the man who invented the system.

Keith Pickavance wrote the first book on delay analysis after he won a case using Impacted as Planned methods in the High Court of England many years ago.

He is an Architect who used computer programming to prove his case - I beleive it was an early version of Primavera - while the others were using graph paper and pencils.

His book is still valid in its third edition and is read by many.

Things have moved on a bit since then.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 15 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Harish Gopalan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
hi mike even i have sent you an email...jus mark a copy to me.Thanks in advance

Harish
Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 1 year 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Thanks Mike

Email on it’s way!
Mike Testro
Hi Nigel

Within a week or so my PowerPoint tutorial on Basic Principles of Delay Analysis will be launched.

If you want to get on the mailing list send an email to planning.services@xlninternet.co.uk

Best regards

Mike Testro