Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Currency format

5 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 51 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Pplanners and PP users,

When I export a PP project as an XER file, the Currency thousand separator field remains empty; as a result, P6 does not want to import the project; I have to open the XER file in MS Excel, fill in the field and so on.

I have not found yet where to set up the thousand separator in Powerproject, it would help a lot.

By the way, many thanks to Malcolm Emmerson for his webinar earlier this week, very good!

Alexandre

Replies

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Alexandre,

As per my last, please make sure the Windows Regional Settings match the format that you need for importing to P6.  Sounds like you have a space in the settings, which is why the data is coming out without a different seperator.

It's probably best to contact either us or APP direct with questions like this, as we can then put all the correct resources behind answering your questions in a timely manner.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Alexandre,

I passed on your thanks to Malcolm and asked him to look into this one for us!  He thinks it is a Windows setting and a P6 setting.  Powerproject adheres to Windows currency separators and there is also a currency setting in the XER export wizard in Powerproject that should match the equivilant P6 setting.

Please do email Malcolm for more details.

Best wishes,

Ben @ Powerproject