Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

The 12 Project Management Jokes of Christmas!

2 replies [Last post]
Jenn Weber
User offline. Last seen 10 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

A little humor to close out the year, enjoy! 

1. A logic links walks into a bar, sits down next to an activity and asks, “Are you free for a drink later?” The activity politely declines and says, “Sorry, I have a hard constraint.”
  2. A SF and FS link unexpectedly bump into each other.  FS asks, “What are you doing here?” SF replies, “I don’t know.  I think I may be redundant.”
  3. Mama logic link says to baby logic link, “Slow down! You are trying to run before you can walk.” Baby replies, “Are you implying that I am out of sequence?”
  4. Two activities are discussing dinner plans. 1st Activity says, “When do you want to eat?” 2nd activity replies, “I’m open-ended. Oh wait, on second thought, as-late-as-possible.”
  5. What do you call an activity that can’t swim? Negative Float.
  6. Critical Path takes FS link out for a drive and gets pulled over for speeding.  “What on Earth do you think you were doing?” asks the policeman.  Critical Path replies, “Driving Logic.”
  7. A summary activity leans over to a Level of Effort and whispers, “Do you have time to chat?” the LOE replies, “Sure. Time Now?”
  8. A metric visits a friend’s new house.  As he enters the front door, the homeowner says, “I think you’ve just breached my threshold!”
  9. What do you call a PM with a filet mignon under his arm? A project steakholder.
  10. An Early Start Date gets sent off during a rugby game.  When asked why, the referee replies, “Only backward passes in this game…”
  11. What do you call an undercover metric? A forensic analyzer.
  12. During an interview, a metric is asked what his strongest subject is. “Logic,” he replies.  To which the interviewer responds, “Makes Sense…”

Replies

Rajesh Passi
User offline. Last seen 11 years 15 weeks ago. Offline

Thats "awesome" Jenn ...what a start with no lag,no constraint ,only float :)

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Jenn

Very neat - thank you - it just confirms my opinion that most PM's are two links short of a critical path anyway.

Best regards

Mike Testro