Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to create milestone legend?

4 replies [Last post]
Kai Pyn Tan
User offline. Last seen 9 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia, TILOS

Hi,

having problem to create legend for milestone, i can only find line style in the legend tab but no milestone, could anyone help on this? 

Regards,

Kai Pyn

Replies

Arend Woltjer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Sorry guys,

I think I was mistaken, my answer was about Primavera, not Tilos.

Arend

Arend Woltjer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Kai Pyn,

first create two custom flters for: A. start milestone and B. finish milestone  (you can copy the existing filter for milestones and edit it)

Then go to the 'Bars' screen and add two items that you call start milestone and finish milestone.

Select the bar style that you want, the shape, the color etc. (Your start milestone needs a shape selected left of the bar shape) and do not forget to have the 'display' marked.

Then your milestones turn up in the legend screen, it has to be large enough to display all bars and milestones. = footer height.

I hope this is want you are looking for.

Regards,

Arend

Thorsten Balthasar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS

Hi,

indeed the milestone symbols in the legends entry list are missing.

A workaround: There is the possibility to insert normal pictures a s graphic object on top of the legend. This picture can be a screenshot of the milestone task itself (or only the used symbol). You can overwork the screenshot with Paint.exe for example. So you are able to show all needed information visible within the legend area.

Good Luck

Thorsten

Yasin Vural
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

You are right. We cant create milestone legends. Tilos shows only task line color and shape. I tried a couple of things but it didnt.

Regards,

Yasin