Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Show milestone legend?

7 replies [Last post]
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Can any one tell how to show milestone symbol in legend block of P3?

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 41 min ago. Offline
Be careful with Suretrak and P3, although my preferred combination, you must realize they are not 100% equal in their calculations: noteworthy resource constraining calculations and resulting early dates, also activity splitting among others.
As a general rule what you schedule under Suretrak will be shown equal under P3 but not necessarily the converse.

Samantha McCulloch
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Try:

Format>Bar
Pattern, Select "Pattern bars based on Act code", "Milestone".

Create a Code Value/Pettern and Pattern Colour for each milestone you would like to see in your ledgend. Then select "Ledgend". This will create an output file using your P3 file location and project name.WMF.

Then in your Footer select Logo in one of your option boxes, then "browse" and select the file you just created.

I hope this helps

Samantha
Brennan Westworth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Ive never noticed that Milestones don’t show up in P3’s bar chart legend :|

The only way to do it is to create an image file and insert it as a logo as the previous post pointed out.

Alternately Print your schedule reports from Suretrak, The bar chart legend in suretrak includes start and finish milestones.
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Moises,
The steps you wrote that applies to all activity. And other thing is that for doing that I have to create Target first which I don’t want. Is there any else method to show milestone or modified milestone symbols to place with legends of other bar. I can draw and insert the symmbol in bar area is one option.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Donato, wouldn’t that make all your activities become milestones.

Please have another look and let me know.

Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Steps :
1-     format >> bars
2-     Add >> Milestone ( bar name)
3-     Modify : Start Point – Target 1or 2 early start - make show box to “blank”
4-     Modify : Finish Point – Target 1or 2 early start - make show box to “tick”
5-     Modify : bar make outline “Blank”
6-     Make Bar color – “white”

hope this help
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Create any legend you want in bitmap or metafile format and attach it to your footer as a logo.

Hope this will help.

proj_planner