Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Skills & Multi-Resources

1 reply [Last post]
Bogdan Leonte
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

It seems that if I create a Multi-Resource which contains skiils, when assigning the M-Res to an activity the quantity of the skill will be reset to 1. For example if I have M-Res 1 comprised of 1 Res A and 2 Res Skill 1, when I assign it to an activity the assignemnt wil consider only 1 Res A and 1 Res Skill 1 and in order to obtain the correct asignment I have to update the contents of the multi-resource before I change the quantity of the M-Res assignment.

Also if I already introduces the quantity of the M-Res, let's say 5, and then update the contents of the M-Res, the quantity of the M-Res in the assignments will not be multipled with the updated R-Skill quantity. This would look like this:

M-Res 1 (Quantity 1) -> 1 Res A, 1 Res Skill 1 (not updated). M-Res 1 (quantity 5) -> 5 Res A, 5 Res Skill 1 (when doing scheduling and peak load calculation).

After updating it will look like this M-Res 1 (Quantity 5) -> 5 Res A, 2 Res Skill 1(when doing scheduling and peak load calculation).

From this point in order to get the corect number for both the Res and Res-Skill I would have to do the following:

1. Set the M-Res 1 quantity to 1, update the M-Res and the change the M-Res assignment quantity back to 5, the to scheduling and peak load calculation.

I don't know if this behaviour was intendent, I just found it a bit strange. If it is intended could someone explain the logic behind it?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Bogdan

Replies

I just want to mention that this issue was fixed.