Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Look Ahead Programme Not from the Baseline programme

2 replies [Last post]
Tanveer Ahmad Niazi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Dear All

We have been sending the three weeks look ahead programme to the Engineer based on our internal recovery program that was sent to the Engineer “for his information & reference” since mid of February 2013. This look ahead programme have been monitored and being discussed by the Engineer and the Client’s Rep in every weekly progress meetings since day one to the last progress meeting (i.e. the last week) and never been objected neither been asked to provide the same based on baseline program as well. But now, after the submission an EoT Claim from us and that hasn’t been responded so far, the Engineer has sent us a letter saying all the weekly reports that do not contain the look ahead programme based on the revised (baseline)programme, sent on Aconex, is not acceptable.

I am absolutely clear that we had to submit the look ahead program based on the revised baseline (contractual) program and this was our (my) mistake to discontinue sending that based on the baseline programme. But

1-      Do we have to resubmit, on the Engineer’s demand; all those look ahead program again based on the baseline programme?

2-      Do we have right to protest on the engineer’s demand after four month the event has occurred?

Note: the EoT hasn’t been responded to date and the revised finish date has passed.

Tanveer

Replies

Tanveer Ahmad Niazi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Dear Mr. Tastro

Thank you very much for your advise and comments

Cheers - Tanveer

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Tanveer

In my opinion the Engineer is being unreasonable to ask for all the backdated programmes on the current baseline programme.

Just send him one from last week and that will give him the information he needs to review your EoT claim.

Best regards

Mike Testro