Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How crucial is Delay & Disruption?

3 replies [Last post]
Adrian Vann
User offline. Last seen 10 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

How comfortable would you be having to stand up and defend yourself on Delay & Disruption issues? How crucial is Delay and Disruption as an issue to you?

Asta have places available on a two day residential course in London which will involve the development of a practical case study by delegates that will be cross-examined by a Chartered Arbitrator......a daunting exercise, but one that should give delegates a competitive edge when faced with having to do this for real!

Apart from being highly informative, previous delegates have also found it to be very enjoyable. For details and videos of what previous delegates say see www.astadev.com/delay

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Chris

I am pleased to hear it.

Its just that when I read the words "delay and disruption" conjoined my curiosity was aroused because a contractor can experience disruption without any delay - they are totally different animals.

My other point is that evaluation of disruption is only possible when direct labour is deployed - in the UK this usually occurs at the very bottom of the contract chain when record keeping is usually dire.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Chris Rymer
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Mike.

You will be pleased to know that our Chartered Arbitrator does indeed know the difference and is very respected in his field. The topic of Disruption is covered to the right level during the course and those that attended the course during 2011 found it extremely worthwhile.

Regards

Chris

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Adrian

Delay and Disruption are two different topics requiring totally different approaches.

I have had many results on delay analysis in my career but only one on disruption.

I trust your chartered arbitrator knows the difference.

Best regards

Mike Testro