Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Determine the Expected Value of Those Crucial Enabler Projects!

No replies
Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

I just posted a new blog article: "How to Determine the Expected Value of Those Crucial Enabler Projects!" In it, I explore the uniquely valuable nature of such projects and the potentially huge value/cost of the impact of time on the value they return through acceleration/delay of the benefits of the other projects they enable. And I show this impact through the example of a simple construction project.

What other examples from real life are there of enabler projects, in construction or other industries? (I have the feeling that software projects in particular are often of this type.) Have you worked on such projects? Was their unique nature recognized? You can discuss these in this thread in the website’s Discussion FORUM.

Happy July 4th Weekend to my American readers.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan