Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Expected salary or salary data??

3 replies [Last post]
Travis Bruehl
User offline. Last seen 18 years 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
OK, I haven’t looked for jobs in a while, so I am trying to find out average salaries. I possess the following qualifications:

-PMP certified
-P3e instructor (internal to our company)
-5 years in the field of PM (not a pm, but working with PMs).

Any estimates / ballparks? I am trying to gauge what these skillsets can command in today’s marketplace!

Replies

James Griffiths
User offline. Last seen 15 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Travis,

Here in the UK, you could earn anywhere from £250 - £400 per day, on contract. This depends upon exactly which industry you’re working in. Nuclear Decommissioning has a relatively high demand for contract planners, as does Railway (in London). The Construction industry seems to go more for permanent employment (from what I can gauge) and seems to offer in the region of £40k per year.

You have to consider that the cost-of-living in the UK is high, especially if you intend to buy or rent a property. Taxes are also high, with earnings above £36k being taxed at 40%. There are ways around this, but it also depends on your residential status etc.

James.

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
U can achieve 120,000 euros per yar depending on the project and country.

Regards.
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Travis

Its all demand and supply, and dependant on your industry.

5 years experience is a medium range.

Since experience P3e planner is a rare animal here in Australia you will looking @ A$100k plus per year

HTH

Alex