Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Zero 'Total Float' on an activity that has no critical sucessors

3 replies [Last post]
Abbie Prestleton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I have an activity that is showing as critical with zero float (total float and free float) that shouldn't be .... all of it's sucessors have at least 1 day float on them, it has no constraints, the planned start and finish, remaining early start and finish and remaining late start and finish all match the 'main' start and finish.

I've checked what is defined as being critical is anything with less than '0h' float - I don't think this should make a difference to this problem anyway as it's the number of days float on the activity that i believe to be wrong ... Any ideas as to why it would be showing zero float rather than one day?

Many Thanks,

Abbie

Replies

Abbie Prestleton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

You're right with the calendars, sub contract activities are a 5 day week and all of our succeeding activities were on 6 days ... thanks very much for your help!

Abble,

It may happen if succeding activities have different calendar (like 6 days work week instead of five).

warren sika
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

I think you better post the xer file so everybody can see what's going on inside your program. Just saying. It might help better understand your problem. I never meet such problem before. But let's wait these P6 masters arround will suggest.