Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Unable to open the P6 programs

8 replies [Last post]
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi

Is there any solution for the below problem which pop's up on opening any program

Database Server Error: Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.DLTACTV'.'ndx_dltactv_usession' in database 'pmdb$primavera' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.Warning: The join order has been enforced because a local join hint is used.Warning: The join order has been enforced because a local join hint is used.Warning: The join order has been enforced because a local join hint is used.Warning: The join order has been enforced because a local join hint is used.Warning: The join order has been enforced because a local join hint is used. RegardsShahul

Replies

Leo Nicholson
User offline. Last seen 7 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Very old post, but I am having this problem with P6.1 Standalone.

Which newer versions avoid this?

Leo Nicholson
User offline. Last seen 7 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Very old post, but I am having this problem with P6.1 Standalone.

Which newer versions avoid this?

Shah. HB

Thanks to all,let me give a try to fix it

Mark Greenhalgh
User offline. Last seen 12 years 24 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Ron, It makes me want to logon to 127.0.0.1:8080 and make a program that will always monitor how close I am getting to the 4 GB limit.  Mark

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Shahul,

Sadly, you are just the next P6 stand-alone user to discover Oracle’s built-in limit of 4 GB database size.  SQL Express and Oracle Express both limit their free database programs to 4 GB.  Once you reach that limit (without warning, I might add) the entire system stops working.  You are not even allowed to access the database in order to delete out material that would solve the problem.

While there are a few desperate work-arounds posted in the Oracle Knowledgebase, the only real solution is to restore an old backup (you made a database backup, didn’t you?) or to uninstall Oracle Express/SQL Express and re-install it.  After the re-install, you will need to re-define the P6 OBS and then import all of your XER files.  THEN you need to make a database backup so that you don’t have to go through this painful process another time.

Both Oracle and Microsoft want you to upgrade to their paid programs in order to run databases larger than 4 GB.  That is still another option.

Use the Oracle Express management program (Windows Start Button / All Programs / Oracle Database 10g Express Edition / Go to the Database Home Page) or the similar SQL Express management program to confirm that you have exceeded the allowable database size.  Then go to the Oracle Knowledgebase and confirm what I have said.  Good luck!

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Shahul,

Can you please specify the event code number or post a print screen of the error..It will give a better understanding of the error.

Regards

Amit

Check out my blog on Primavera at http://www.primaverablog.in

Shah. HB

Yes i do run stand alone ,is there any solution but i am unable to open any program and it is not allowing to delete and import too

Regards

Shahul

Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi Are you running a stand-alone or Server platform? In any case sound like you run out of space in the holding machine