Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filter - urgent

10 replies [Last post]
Jeremey Smith
User offline. Last seen 12 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

a) I need to set up a filter for the actvities  start from 22/6/11 and end at 22/09/11.

How to set up filter for that so that applying filter only those activites appear which fulfill above criteria?

b) Some filters in global directory cant modify. why? modify button frozen. How to modify such filters

Experts P6 .............Plz reply asap.

Thanks

Replies

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Dear

use this filter for  filtering the activities which are suppoosed to start/end and even in progress during this period.

where

start     is less than or equals          22/09/11

and

finish   is greater than or equal to   22/6/11

Rgds

imran Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

I agree with Willson.

Even i use the same method to filter.

imran Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

I agree with Willson.

Even i use the same method to filter.

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 6 hours 17 min ago. Offline

Not all "Date Range" filters include activities in progress.

For a date range in the past none or not all activities in progress will happen, same for a date range in the future.

Activities in progress filter is frequently used for "look-ahead" filters, kind of a particular date range filter but not as universal. Filtering for activities in progress makes it easier to setup a look-ahead filter, a special case of a date range filter starting at DD and finishing at DD+some time span. Look-ahead filters are not modeled using a date range filter as to avoid entering the start date and end date of the date range, these are calculated from DD in a look-ahead filter.

Simon Willson
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

However, that filter condition will not show any activities which are in progress!

Syed Abrar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hi JS,

Previously i use to do the above method but many activities are not listed in week lookahead programs.

so try the below option

creat a NEW FILTER,

Strat is with in the range of 22/6/11 & 22/09/11

or

Remaining start is with in the range of 22/6/11 & 22/09/11

then run

Syed Abrar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hi JS,

Previously i use to do the above method but many activities are not listed in week lookahead programs.

so try the below option

creat a NEW FILTER,

Strat is with in the range of 22/6/11 & 22/09/11

or

Remaining start is with in the range of 22/6/11 & 22/09/11

then run

Simon Willson
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Jeremy,

Does your filter need to show activities which are in progress as well (ie. running through the filter window).  If so, your filter needs to be

Where (any of the following)

Early Start is equal to or greater than (starting date for the filter)

or

Early finish is equal to or less than (end range date for the filter)

or

Activity status equals 'in progress'

This is assuming that you want to show a rolling window filtered display.  If you miss out the last item then you are going to omit some of the activities from your report.

Regards

Simon

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 6 hours 17 min ago. Offline

Photobucket

Make sure none of the above is left out.

Create a filter condition for each activity and keep them on the same filter with an or condition.

It is up to how your software works.

It is not the same as project truncation but at times this is precisely what you want when you want to see start and finish of the filtered activities that one end is outside the range.

Remember to use less or equal, greater or equal, as to include those who finish/start just at the range ends.

Mahsa Sajadi
User offline. Last seen 12 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Jeremey,

you should make a new filter. In filter window, click on "New" tab. then in the criteria define: Where the start is greater than or equal 22/6 and finish is less than 22/09. in order to have to citeria you shoul click enter after the first one