Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Assigning Resources to Project and WBS Level

11 replies [Last post]
Ken Barrett
User offline. Last seen 12 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

I cant figure out how to assign resources to the project or WBS level for high level resource loading. Can anyone help me out?

Ken Barrett

Replies

angle sky
User offline. Last seen 12 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration. Thanks for the great information jobs in karachi

Syed Abrar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

there are few simple steps to laod resources for activities in P6.

first step is u have to define resources if u don't have any. go to Enterprises >Resources >add

u can add Labour / non labour / Material by choosing in Resource type column.

then go to the activities. select particular activity & in activity form say add resource, pop comes up where u can select one r multiple resources. then u can specify how many per duration needed or budgeted resources per activity. by default it will linearly distributed for the assigned duration.pls see below

document1.jpg

Mohd Syahrul
User offline. Last seen 12 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
It can't be done
patrick chuks
User offline. Last seen 10 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

PLease, I am very good with P3, but have some challenges with P6 resource loading, I have two activityies with FS, assigned a workman(Carpenter 2 (in actual units of resource tab) for both activities, from the resource summary report, I was expectign to see a total required resource of 2 capenters since the activities are FS, but I am getting 4, please, what am I doing wrong, I urgently need your assistance as this will enable me know the right productivity.

THank you

My email is jemsenator(at)yahoo.com

Mathieu ALBOUY

Impossible, the only level you can assign resources is activity. To confirm that you can go to ressource assignment view, and you will figure out that the only assignment availbale is at activity level.

But to resolve your issue you should know that you can assign resource to Macr/Master activity as LOE or WBS Summary. So if your WBS is well defined or if your network logic is good, this is for sure your only & best solution.

Hope to answer,

A+ les mecs

dalida rizk
User offline. Last seen 13 years 1 day ago. Offline

Dear all,

do you know how we do a recurrent activity in Primavera P6?  I am not able to.  thank you.

Amasor Pius
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline

Good day all,

Please can any one with Primavera6 manual get in touch with me on piusamasor@yahoo.com

I need it urgently, am presently using P3 and Project Professional.

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 7 weeks ago. Offline

Ken

The client version of P6 may only assign resources to activities.

Paul E Harris

Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia

Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training

www.eh.com.au

www.eastwoodharris.com

www.primavera.com.au- a Primavera scheduling software resources site

BONG YAGAHON
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Ken, Im sorry but i dont know P6. Lets wait for the others to comment and help us out.

Thanks.

Pio

Ken Barrett

I am using P6

BONG YAGAHON
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

What software are you using? If your using excel, i think nobody knows....