Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Using SDK requires superuser privilages ?

3 replies [Last post]
Roozbeh Taheri
User offline. Last seen 7 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

In order to edit or add / write data into P6, is superuser privilages is required? If that is through then not so many people can use it. There are no much advantage in being able to read the information. SDK would be useful if it could be used to update information such as activity codes values (dictionaries), which can not be done through import from excel.

Replies

Andy Power
User offline. Last seen 3 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

Sorry, yes that is correct to write information back to P6 you would require Admin Superuser status.

SDK is extremely useful .... as long as you are your companies P6 admin or they allow you access to a superuser account! 

Andy

Roozbeh Taheri
User offline. Last seen 7 years 35 weeks ago. Offline

Andy,

'View All Global\Project Data via SDK' is anabled, and I can use SDK for viewing the information, but I cannot make any changes.

I was told by our company P6 admin that only users with supreuser privilages can make changes using SDK, the rest can only view / read information using SDK.

If that is true, then SDK is not much usful for planners.

Andy Power
User offline. Last seen 3 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

To use the SDK you either need to be an admin/superuser or your security profile needs the 'View All Global\Project Data via SDK' global option enabling.

Andy