Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

where do i find the SDK files in P6 14 CDS and how to use them, a step by step guide would help??

4 replies [Last post]
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

where do i find the SDK files in P6 14 CDS and how to use them, a step by step guide would help??

many thanks for you responses.

best regards

deb

Replies

Prem skj
User offline. Last seen 12 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Please can any one guide me after installing the SDK tool for excel ... where do i find the excel file to open and operate.

Thanks in advance for the guidance

Best Regards

Skj

Prem skj
User offline. Last seen 12 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Please can any one guide me after installing the SDK tool for excel ... where do i find the excel file to open and operate.

Thanks in advance for the guidance

Best Regards

Skj

Baris Hazar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Deb,

If SDK has not been installed yet:

SDK is an option under P6 main setup file like PM module, MM module, databases and etc. You don't need to look for a separate setup.exe file for this application.

If you have it already installed:

Look into Technical Documentation-->SDK

There are some useful excel files such as, activity6x.xls, dictionary6x.xls. You can use them after installing SDK. I remember that there are some older posts thorough which you can download these excel files.

Regards,

Baris

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 39 min ago. Offline

14 CD's most probably you are looking at Britney Spears the Collection.

P6 is about 30 MB, the database engine about 600 MB.

P3 is about 40 MB including the P3 [btrieve] database engine.

Asta PP is about 80 MB including the database engine.

Spider Project installation file is about 20 MB including the database engine.

Photobucket

I understand all of them can communicate and be linked to OLB Compliant Databases.

They all together shall fit in a single CD.