Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Copying external logic from reflection or XER copy into original project?

2 replies [Last post]
Carlos Nazario
User offline. Last seen 12 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

We removed hundreds of links between activities in two different WBS's. Now we realize that wasn't the right move and need to re-link everything.

The first thought is to do it maually, which will take a while. However, before removing the links I had created a copy (XER) and a reflection of the project. Is there a way I can r bring the activities and all their links (internal and external) from either the XER copy or the reflection into the source/current project?

Thanks.

Replies

Ghulam Haider
User offline. Last seen 6 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Very Nice Mr. Raymund, it solved my issue. Thanks a lot.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 1 hour ago. Offline

Hi Carlos,

Try this simple steps to get back those lost relationships.

1. Open the Project where the links are present.

2. Add the Project in which you removed the links as a Baseline Project.

3. From the Maintain Baseline windows click the Update then select the items you would like to add or remove into the Baseline Project.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Raymund