Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Opening too many projects

2 replies [Last post]
Michael Rombs
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I accidentally opened too many projects on the serever, and I get an error message that the system is out of memory. How do I escape this locked mode I am in?

Replies

Pratap Dinahar
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Easy. Again, with Rubix, our new project controls utility, this is a one click fix. It's a matter of resetting your user preferences in P6.

For more information about Rubix or a free trial, search Rubix.

If you'd like to fix it manually, steps are below. You need direct access to the database to fix it. 

After logging in to the database's backend (method may vary depending on whether it's SQL Server or Oracle or SQLITE), execute the below query. 

update userdata set user_data = null where topic_name = ‘pm_settings’ and user_id in (select user_id from users where user_name = '<your user name>')

Note, you'll have to close P6 before implementing this fix. Once you execute this query, you can log back in. 

Mohamed El Dawy
User offline. Last seen 7 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Same problem happened with me, any help please !!! I cant access my P6 and getting close to critical due dates !!!!