Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Too many layouts and filters!!

3 replies [Last post]
Kevin Smart
User offline. Last seen 15 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

We work in a massive single project with tens of thousands of activities. Multiple users create hundreds of global layouts and filters.

I'm a relatively new user and haven't found an answer to these challenges ...

Is there a way to set favorite layouts, including globals, that would make it less painful than scrolling through hundreds?

Also, when in a layout, if I want to modify a filter, I have to scroll through hundreds of them to get to the one that's checked. There's got to be a better way. Is there?

Much thanks!

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 4 hours ago. Offline

you asked make it less painful than scrolling through hundreds and if there's got to be a better way. 

I gave you one option

here is another option

The other option is to save the layout choose to save it as Available to Project then only associated with THAT ONE project.

Anyone that has the project open will have access to thses layouts

Kevin Smart
User offline. Last seen 15 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Thanks Zoltan, but wouldn't that mean other users couldn't get to those layouts?

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 4 hours ago. Offline

yes when you save the layout choose to save it as Available to current user and the layout will be listed under YOUR login name. This way you can easily find your layouts.