Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Preserve Early & late dates - Level Resoruce Options

3 replies [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Rodel,

We have an option preserve Early and late dates in Level resources. Even this option is ticked marked, my late dates and early start dates changes , when i apply Levelling conditions.

Then what is the use of this option "Preserve Early & late dates".....

regards,

Haresh Jayanth

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 15 min ago. Offline
Haresh,
When “Preserve early and late date” is tick prior to levelling then the early start/finish date and late start/finish date are retained but remaining early start/finish date will move to new dates to satisfy resource levelling criteria.
See sample below:
Before levelling:
PreserveEarlydateOrig
After levelling:
PreserveEarlydatelevel

Best Regards,
Rodel
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Rodel,

I have clear understanding on "retain all Zero float activity date or defining floats...

But "Preserve scheduled Early & Late dates" you have mentioned that current early dates are retained before levelling" , i am not able to understand the meaning of it.....

Can you kindly explain me in detailed......

regards,

Haresh
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 15 min ago. Offline
Haresh,
I believed you are looking at the wrong date field. If you tick the Preserve Scheduled Early and Late Dates, current early dates are retained before leveling. To check the leveled early dates, choose to show the Early Start/Finish date compare to Remaining early Start/Finish dates or the Start and Finish dates and you will see the difference. In addition, when you preserve these dates, the module only forward-levels the schedule, which means that the early dates of activities from the start to the finish of the project are scheduled. If you wanted to retain all zero float activity date (critical) or any define floats then you have to tick also “Level resources only within activity total float and enter the float you wanted to preserve and the max percent to over-allocate resources.

If you need more clarification please let me know.

Best Regards,
Rodel