Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Difficulties of working in different projects-Same time

1 reply [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
I have a project with common basement and from Ground floor 12 Separate buildings. I have here an option to make all in one project or treat them as separate projects.

The main reason for treating each building a separate projects is as follows

a) If you make one program the total activities will be more than 30,000..and then it will be difficult to manage....
b) Each Buildings will have separate planners & Project Managers to carryout the job..

My question is as follows:

a) If i have given some relation between each project,how does P6 schedule when one of the related project is closed....
b)How to carryout resource levelling for all the 12 projects, which are interrelated with one another, using P6.
c)Is there any other technical difficulties in P6, if you relate different projects,with one another.

Kindly advice......

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 hours 35 min ago. Offline
Haresh,
That’s the correct way of managing EPS and Projects. In P6 you have an option if you wanted to ignore relationship to and from project whether open or not. You can run resource leveling for all projects by opening the EPS and not the individual project alone. You can all run separately for special purpose if you need to. I cannot see any technical difficulties as P6 was design to run by enterprise or by individual project.