Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Why does Filter changes when adding a resource

1 reply [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
When i am adding a resources for a project, automatically the filter is changed from current project filter to all project filter..

But if i want to maintain the current project filter whenever i add a resource , what should i do..

The problem i am facing above is that , if i change again to current project filter, the added resources is not visible....

Any solution pls?

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 17 min ago. Offline
Because P6 resource is Global and not Project base. If you add a resource P6 will prompt to show all resource so user will know if new resource will sit on new main Tree structure or existing Tree structure.

The only solution if resource is project specific is to create a main Tree Structure that equivalent to that Project then create resource under that main tree structure so it will be easy to user to pick resource when assigning.