Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P5 Why does my baseline bar move when i update

7 replies [Last post]
Donovan Govender
User offline. Last seen 9 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
P5 Why does my baseline bar move when i update logic
things like this always happens when you are in a rush

Please help

Regards

Donovan

Replies

Nikhil Menkudale
User offline. Last seen 5 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, this is Nikhil.
You have made a user baseline. You must have selected current project as project baseline in Assign Baseline dialouge box.
You should go to Bars in gantt chart . There you mark the check-box of primary baseline bar & in timescale column next to bar column you select primary baseline.

Hope this should help.

If not, pls send me screenshots of how you are maintaining & assigning baselines to my mailid.
nmenkudale@gmail.com

Regards
Nikhil
K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi.
And be sure that you show the correct bar in Gantt chart.
Sometime we assign baseline to project-baseline but show out Primary-baseline in Gantt chart.

Thanks
Donovan Govender
Thanks guys, I did not have my baseline in the primary box- it was still current

Regards

Donovan
Mark Roberts
User offline. Last seen 15 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Donovan

If you are updating a baseline, I would recommend you open the project in "exclusive" mode, & make sure that the "run optimized" is not ticked.

Recently we have had some odd results when updating baselines, & making these changes seemed to fix the problem.

Cheers
Mark
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 6 min ago. Offline
Donovan,

If you chose a current project as a baseline then your baseline bars will move when you change the logic. You have to save your current project as new file and assigned that as a primary baseline. Any changes to your current project will not affect your primary baseline.

To save current project as baseline:
1)     Select Project -> Maintain baseline
2)     Click Add and Tick “Save a copy of current project as a new Baseline” and click Ok
3)     Select Project -> Assign baseline
4)     On User Baseline under Primary -> Select the new save baseline from the dropdown box and not the current Project.
You should have a fixed primary baseline.

Hope this help,
Rodel
Donovan Govender
Hi Rodel,
When I created the baseline, i chose project, maintain baseline,selected the current project i was in,clicked add.

now when I open maintain diologue box it shows the project name and baseline name,
under basline name- it shows the baseline
in baseline type - it shows "none"
data date -24 sep 07
in last update date- it shows 9 Oct 07
now I dont if 9 oct07 should be there,maybe i did something to cause it to go to 9 oct 07 i have updated my schedule on 5 oct 07, and now on 12 oct07.
what have done wrong or did I not do

Regards
Donovan

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 6 min ago. Offline
Donovan,

Are you using Assigned Baseline or a current project as a baseline?

HTH,
Rodel