Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Default loaded programme on startup

1 reply [Last post]
Dean Pearcy
User offline. Last seen 1 year 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
My problem and question...

Every time I open Primavera (6.1) and log-on, it defaults to load a programme that I haven’t used in 6 months. It also defaults to a layout view of that programme which I had used on other programmes, which has filters set that bear no resemblance to the currently loaded programme, so the result is the screen is blank, as the filter is filtering on some codes that the programme does not contain. It is easy to just load the programme I want and then load the view that I want, but it is annoying me. I use v6.1 and it is stand alone version on my pc only.

What makes the software decide that on start-up, it will load a 6 month old programme with an irrelevant layout view? There must be a choice preference setting, I think.

Does anyone know if there are any settings where you can change what the default start-up programme should be? I have looked around but can not find it?

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 2 days 6 hours ago. Offline
Dean,
I already answer this on same query under P3.

Select Edit-> User Preferences-> Application tab-> Start Up Windows
Change the Application Start Up Window to Project then close Primavera and open it again.