Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Default start-up loaded programme - change?

1 reply [Last post]
Dean Pearcy
User offline. Last seen 1 year 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Here’s a question for everyone! But first my problem….

Every time I open Primavera (6.1) and log-on, it defaults to load a programme that I haven’t used in 6 months. It also defaults to a layout view of that programme which I had used on other programmes, which has filters set that bear no resemblance to the currently loaded programme, so the result is the screen is blank, as the filter is filtering on some codes that the programme does not contain. It is easy to just load the programme I want and then load the view that I want, but it is annoying me.

What makes the software decide that on start-up, it will load a 6 month old programme with an irrelevant layout view? There must be a choice preference setting, I think.

Does anyone know if there are any settings where you can change what the default start-up programme should be? I have looked around but can not find it?

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 3 min ago. Offline
Dean,
First, you post it on a wrong forum. P6 users can look at your problem if it was posted on the correct forum.

Second, are you using a network or server base Database? By default P6 use the last save by the last user close the program. If the database running on the network sometime it will save last open project but depends on the network speed and other program running on the background like auto save or auto synchronization of your server and local drive (i.e. my documents which normally sit on network drive so when you logon to different machine still accessible) it affects the behavior of P6 and use users last save recognized on local drive which may not your current last use.
The fix is change the default start up to Projects instead of Activities under Edit-> User Preferences-> Application tab-> Start Up Windows