Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

To re-upload BQ onto updated schedule

3 replies [Last post]
Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Gents

I’ve an updated schedule with some of them have a progress and some of them are none. The original BQ have been removed and now I want to upload back onto my updated schedule. My question is, what happen to my schedule if I want to upload 500 mhrs onto activity that have 50% physical progress? Is it it will be divided 50-50? Is it any impact onto scheduling analysis? Could you tell me anything bad will happen If I do this.

Guys your future explanation is highly appreciated.

Replies

Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
good advise, really appreciate it
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 3 days 8 hours ago. Offline
Izam,
If you used Physical on % complete type that will not affect your budget, actual and remaining units. It will not automatically touch those fields but to make sure, check the setting in your resources and have Auto compute actual is not tick.

You can practice some activities before applying to whole project if you are in doubt.
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Izam,

You can either read the manual and figure out the options and how to use them, or your can copy the schedule into a test file and experiment and learn from experimenting. Trying to figure out what will happen in each software is mostly trial and error, unless you read the theory behind it.

With kind regards,

Samer