Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

What is the best/simpliest way to add cost to the sched

2 replies [Last post]
Mary Folsom
User offline. Last seen 6 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
We are about to cost load a schedule. In the past I have done it both by budgeted cost on a resource and by expenses. This schedule will be tied to contract Manager to update the schedule of values, we are then paid by.

I am truely looking for an application (p6) preference that would provide the basic simplicitic results. P3 was simple in providing this. P6 has so many things to check and uncheck, the results become muddy and the fix is disasterous.

I need to know whether the expenses would be pulled into the Contract Manager in the way the Resources use to be pulled in with P3. Or should we load into the resources/roles and figure out how the 1000 fields calculate?

Has anybody even done this on a project that provide the results they were looking for?

Replies

Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
If your familiar with P3 . Do it in P3 then export it to P6.
John Goulden
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
You have two hopes - Bob Hope and no hope.

We tried to set up Contracts Manager to take progress data from P6 to pay the contractor via an operational BofQ aligned to the activities in the programme. All of which can be done if you believe the manual. We stopped when our heads started to hurt.

P6 wants binning.