Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Printing symbols for critical items

6 replies [Last post]
Christian Viddal
User offline. Last seen 13 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

I have inserted a column called critical items. I have then used the yellow symbol to identify critical items/activities. My problem is when I try to print this. In the preview I can see the symbols but when I print to our pdf printer it will not show.

I do know that we have similiar problems for other columns as well.

Anyone has a good idea on how to solve this? Urgent reply is appreciated as we have a crisis meeting with the client where the critical items must be shown on the print.

Thanks

Replies

Christian Viddal
Thank you all for your kind support.

I have been in contact with admin and I will have to wait for him to install a new pdf writer. I am sitting in terminal server and cannot install locally myself.
Will just use text in stead of symbols for the time being.

Thanks again!

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Christian,

You can try to install the CutePDFWriter:

http://download.cnet.com/CutePDF-Writer/3000-6675_4-10206470.html

Regards,

Arnold
Christian Viddal
Thanks a lot Bo.

It has to be something with my pdf printer (novapdf) but I am not able to find any settings for this. Are you familiar with novapdf?

As I am using terminal server for P6 I will have to go through admin to install a new pdf printer I think.

Regards,
Christian
Bo Johnsen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Christian,

When I a few times have similar problems when writting to our Adobe pdf-printer, I just try one of the other pdf-printers I’ve installed on the computer, such as PDF-Creator, pdf995, etc. All freeware that can be downloaded and installed easily.

Especially PDF-Creator has proven successful for me when Adobe a few times doesn’t write everything I can see on the screen.

Check out: http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/productivity/fwpdftools.html

Regards,

Bo
Christian Viddal
Thanks for your reply.
That could be a emergency solution for the upcoming meeting but the plan is too big for this to work in the long run.

Anyone else familiar with this kind of problem?

Regards,
Christian
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Christian,

If you have few pages of presentation for your client, you can always push "PrtSc" that is print screen button, then paste it in Word or Power Point for presentation purposes.

That is the immediate answer in crisis situations.

Good luck,

Samer