Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Display '%' Sign/Symbol in User Define Filed

4 replies [Last post]
Nilesh Jain
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to display the percentage difference between the current update and the previous update using user defined field and later running store period performnace followed by two global changes. 

I'm getting the results in number without '%' sign/symbol. However, if there anyway I could get the result with '%' sign/symbol in the uder defined filed?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Nilesh Jain

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

ok u can do that make another one and giving it the format of text  

Nilesh Jain

Sorry for the formating problem but using Text UDF and in glocal change selecting '&' Operator and '%' Parameter/Value will work. 

Nilesh Jain

Hi Zoltan, 

Thanks for your help. I have found the solution to get % symbol/sign and I hope this could help to other people who might be looking for the solution.

1. Create another UDF: Data Type Text (Call it % Progressed for this Period)

2. Global Change: 

Then       Parameter                                      Is                     Parameter/Value                    Operator          Parameter/Value

% Progressed for this Period               =                  UDF (Choose UDF you want to       &                        %

(Created in Step 1)                                             insert % sign)

3. Apply Changes-> Commit Changes

4. Insert UDF from Column and you will see % sign with number.

Done!

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

no just change the heading at the top of the udf column