Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Migration of P6 files (from one pc to another pc)

4 replies [Last post]
Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
What the best way to migrate P6 files from one PC to another PC. Currently what I did, I exported the files one by one. Is it we’ve easy way such like copy the P6 folder or something else?

Replies

Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Thx raviraj and tamara...both solution is useful
Tamara Sutton
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Export/Import will work, but I believe export does not export baselines? If that is true, and you use baselines, your best bet would be to backup the entire database using the Oracle or SQL utility.
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
I believe, what u r looking for is backup ur database and use it in another computer

Here’s the link for ur answer:

http://primavera.zxlm.cn/kb/prim54984

Cheers,
Abeer Mahmoud
User offline. Last seen 7 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Izam;
You can open many projects at same time by the following steps:
Projects --> chose required projects to be open by ctrl + left click --> open projects --> file --> export (program takes all open projects under a new project name)
And after that you can import projects as a spread and also at different projects enterprise.
Best Regards,

Abeer