Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Please need help loading some resources

1 reply [Last post]
mike mark
User offline. Last seen 14 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Which percent do i need to make active to show the progress on the actual unit column of the resources?

How can i spread manhour evenly on an activity after the activity has been progressed several time?

If the remaining duration on a resource is greater than the actual duration is the actual unit going to be zero and if so, why?

Please show me the step by step information on how to load manhour
in p6?

Replies

Jonathan Russell
User offline. Last seen 13 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Mike,

Which percent do i need to make active to show the progress on the actual unit column of the resources?

The only percent complete type that can be linked to your Actual Resouce units is Duration % Complete and you must have the "Recalculate Actual Units and Cost when duration % complete changes", Units % complete is based on budget and remaining, so changing this will only change the remaining units and not your actuals. unless you want a link between your duration and resource units, you will have to enter the actuals manually.

How can i spread manhour evenly on an activity after the activity has been progressed several time?

You can use future bucket planning for this using the Assignments tab

If the remaining duration on a resource is greater than the actual duration is the actual unit going to be zero and if so, why?

Im a bit confused by this. I think you must be getting confused with terms. Remaining is what work still has to be done. Actual is what work has already been done. so it would not make a difference if one was greater than the other. Actuals are actuals you could have an activity with a duration of 5 days. have 5 days worth of work on it(5 days actual) but still have the remaining work to be 5 days. This would just mean that the activity would now last 10 days, 5 days over its original budget.