Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Please i need help with a proficient P6 Planner user !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP HeLPPPPPP

4 replies [Last post]
BRAVE G
User offline. Last seen 6 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Just want to validate this with youuuuu. I am confined to primavera p6 so there's no alternative. please advice if you have recently used primvera p6 or very conversant with p6

1. You plan in p6  lets say PLanA

2. Now you update by selecting project, maintain baseline, then copy. this will save a copy of your original plan.......

3. You select project Assign baselines and make this your project baseline and primary baselines.....

4. Then you update your plan with the actuals and so onnnn.

Now you want to replan so you UNLINK your baseline from your PlanA then you replan..... PLan A <R> 

My question is if you want to unpdate the second time or after you have amended your plan wat will make ur baseline.........

please HeLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPp

Replies

Santhosh kumar Na...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

You have made changes in you baseline Plan-A due to certian reason such as scope change, omissions or deletions or varatiosn etc, even later if you found originally set logic is wrong you can change. So the change you have done in plan-A is genune and required, please call this as plan -B. Now you have to compare with plan-B, ofcourse.

Whether you want to keep copy of Plan-A, use short cut to update news baselines etc are up to you.

rowstone fausto
User offline. Last seen 2 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Preserve your original baseline plan A. After the modification of your restored plan A (Baseline 1), create a 2nd baseline as baseline 2 then update the planned value using the calculated remaining level of effort in which the completed actvities you consider it as a sunk cost.

Regards, 

Alfredo Jr. Hubilla
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

You can use the one you copied first as your Project baseline and use your Plan A as your Primary baseline just to check what is your progress on your first update.

Hope this will help you.

Alfred

BRAVE G
User offline. Last seen 6 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Thanx Guys

I have been able to sort this out.  

Thanks