Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Specific Clause in Contracts regarding the use of P5/6

5 replies [Last post]
Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
OK Guys and Girls,
I’ve heard a lot of stories in my time but the latest one out of the States has got me curious.

I’ve heard through a number of people that there have been some new contract clauses put into various building contracts forbidding the contractor to use various elements and capabilities of the various Primavera enterprise products.

The main one is that certain types of logical relationships are not allowed due to the nature of the algorithm.
Also that there have been restrictions placed on admin and user preferences, as well as the calendar selection.
This is apparently so the clients can maintain an understanding of the answers they are given and that they can almost believe the mathematics that the tool does.

Has anybody heard of this?
If so can you provide an example or a contact so I can find out more?

Andy

Replies

Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
to me too pranab007_deb@yahoo.com

thanks
deb
shiv rao
User offline. Last seen 11 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
If you dont mind ,

Can you plz send it by mail to jayshiv26@hotmail.com

Shiv
Andrew Dick
So I’m now in possession of a section of a contract which was used to define how a project should be structured and built in the planning software.

Silly question but does anyone want a copy?

If so I shall put it in a file share:

File sharing portal available for Planners and Schedulers on Facebook.

Go to Facebook, set up your own profile and then become a member of the ’Planners & Schedulers’ Group, you also need to add the application ’File Factory’ so you can access the file.

If I remember it will be there sometime in the next 24 hours.

Andy
Andrew Dick
Dieter,
I have not seen such a beast either. However I’m led to beleive that due to the issues people have in running or understanding this software that a certian number of standard clauses are sneaking into contracts.

Ill let you know if I ever find any hard evidence.

Andy
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 15 hours ago. Offline
Andy
If you exchange xer-files with a partner you should have a common understanding on names for codes, resources, roles, and calendars and some Admin Preferences. Otherwise you may have some surprises.
But to make this part of the contract? Until today I didn’t see such a contract.
Regards
Dieter