Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Assigning Expenses in more than 1 activity

5 replies [Last post]
kier legard
User offline. Last seen 14 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi to all,

Im assigning expenses in more than 1 activity in one time but its not working.Can someone help me.

Regards,
Kier

Replies

Amanullah Mughal
User offline. Last seen 10 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dieter,

Can you please elaborate the steps to apply Global Change.

Aman
David Podmore
User offline. Last seen 12 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Kier,

I use a number of techniques;
One is as Dieter quoted but you can save a great deal of time if the expenses are the same or even just similar. Once one is entered you can Ctrl-C (copy) this element, switch to the next task on expenses tab and Ctrl-V (paste). This will work as many times as you like. Once in you can change the amount or description, vendor etc as you see fit.
One these are in, further mods can be made with the Expenses view where you can assign groups, codes, vendors etc sigularly or en-mass with the use of Ctrl-E to fill-down.
Experiment and see how things go.

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Kier
One solution would be to use a global change, group "Project expenses", or do it by activity. It’s the same way in P5 and P6 as far as I remember.
Regards
Dieter
kier legard
User offline. Last seen 14 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Riad,

Im using p5.

Regards,

kier
Riyadh Yahia
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Kier,

If You are Using P6 it is easy to do it,
Go to the activity detail then click expenses then add whatever you need...... ok

i hope this will do

THX

Riad