Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Autocalculate actuals units with Phisical % comp.

9 replies [Last post]
mirko piras
User offline. Last seen 15 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Goodafternoon at everybody!
Only one simply question...for you simply but not for me!
Is possible to autocalculate the actual units based on my phisical (then manual insert) % complete of activity an its budgeted units?
For example, if my phisical % complete of activity is 50% ad my budget units are 10.000 the actual units are 5.000.
I have tried all with only one autocompute system....about the schedule % complete of activity...
Are there any options...??!!
Thank you at everyone and sorry for my "basic" english!!
I Have Primavera P6

Mirko.

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
there’s a workaround to roll-up physical % complete, consult your PAR
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
You need to run summerized project in order to see the summary %

HTH

Alex
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
You can not roll up Physical % complete as they may all be calculated on a different basis.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au
Yusuke Kamui
User offline. Last seen 14 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Paul,
What I’m expecting is to see the "physical % complete" to be calculated up to the project summary. Right now, if I enter 5% physical complete on a task, the overall project physical % complete is still showing 0% even though I have some tasks underneath having physical % complete. How come??? How to have the overall project’s physical complete status?
Paul Harris
In the Activities Workspace, Activities details, General tab.

Paul E Harris
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au
mirko piras
User offline. Last seen 15 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Paul, thanks for idea...but how can you do it?....
"The Physical % Complete field may be linked to the Activity % Field by setting the activities % Complete type equal to Physical."

Have a nice day.

Mirko.
Yusuke Kamui
User offline. Last seen 14 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Paul,
How can you do it?....
"The Physical % Complete field may be linked to the Activity % Field by setting the activities % Complete type equal to Physical."

Where to set it?
Paul Harris
The Units % Complete will update your Actuals Units and a change to actual units will update the Units % Complete.

If you make the activities’ % Complete type equal to Units then this will link the Units% Complete to Activity % Complete and this value will be displayed on the bars.

The Physical % Complete field may be linked to the Activity % Field by setting the activities % Complete type equal to Physical.

Paul E Harris
www.eh.com.au
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi Mirko

One of the options is to use - > Project Option - Calculation
"Update Actual Unit when duration % complete changes"

This will automatical change the actual unit when you changes your "Duration % Complete" - But not the Phical % Complete.

Before you run this option you can run a global change to align the duration % Complete with Physical % Complete.

But because you updated the duration % Complete it will affect some of the activity type on the remaining duration

Need to test run it before you can use this process.

HTH

Alex