Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Different resource rates seen by different users

7 replies [Last post]
Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
I have just discovered something weird and am really hoping that someone has found this before and can sort me out.

There is a difference between rates assigned to a resource when viewed by the administrator and seperate users.
The difference in around $20 an hour.

Why is this happening at all, we are all on the same data base.

If the rates are adjusted by the admin, they are escalated for the user and if set by the user they are deescalated for the admin.

Help please

Andy

Replies

Andrew Dick
Thanks for that

Appreciate it

Andy
Andrew Dick
So it turns out the user preference tab for currency had different settings on the two users. One was in Aussie Dollars the other in USD, hence the behavior similar to a currency converter.

Now I wonder how you set the exchange rates???????

Andy
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 1 hour ago. Offline
Andrew,

You can change the exchange rates under Admin-> Currencies and you can set the currency used per user under Edit-> User preferences-> currency and select a currency for viewing monetary values.

Hope this help,
Rodel
Andrew Dick
Have done so, will advise response if I get one
K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
HI Andrew.
We think there is not such option.
Maybe this is a Primavera bug.
You’d better check on Primavera’s POINT page.
Thanks
Andrew Dick
Thanks for that response, however, the rate type and source are the same for both login profiles, as is the effective dates.
The user preferences are the same too.

It’s just that you get 2 very different figures from one user to another.

?? Is there anywhere in the system where you can set a currency conversion rate for resource rates, across different users?????

Long bow, but worth asking as this is how it acts.

Andy
K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Andy.
This is really weird.
Each resource have 5 different rate type which was defined while you create resource.
We are not sure of the error reason but I think you should check some following element which can be different between administrator and user account:
_ rate type, rate source in Resource tab of Activity detail.
_ effective date at Unit&Price tab of Resource window.

Thanks