Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Displaying different cost rates columns in Ghantt view

1 reply [Last post]
Cheryl Biden
User offline. Last seen 12 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

May be dead easy fix but I can't seem to find the relevant columns for displaying different totals of work based upon different rates / cost types.

I need to show effectively the values by WBS on the plan at say internal cost, selling cost etc. I have applied the rates at resources level but now need to be able to show this on the plan, help appreciated. Many thanks for looking / assisting.

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi,

In my understanding, create UDF for each cost you want to show.. internal cost, selling cost, etc...with cost data type... likewise create also rate type as internal rate, selling rate, etc...

Use the Global change to change the rate type then once done use global change to copy the current budget total cost to the UDF corresponding to the rate type name. Do the same for every rate type you have.

Then you can display all the UDF columns at a time with the different cost.

Hope this will help.

Regards,