Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Material resource leveling?

3 replies [Last post]
Chris Hibberd
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys, could do with a bit of advice.

I’m developing a schedule at the moment where the principal constraint is volume of water available.

I have tried to set up the water availability as a material resource, but can’t figure out how to change the volume available within a calendar (such that I can have more availability as time goes on)and then use this to level the schedule.

I’m sure that I’ve missed something very obvious! Can anyone offer any help and put me out of my misery?

Many Thanks
Chris

Replies

Chris Hibberd
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for your replies guys.

I think you’re both right, I certainly cannot find a way to level materials, so I’ll convert all the material limits into units and try to do it that way.

Many thanks
Chris
Unfortunately Primavera does not level materials.
Amir Dadbakhsh
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
hi
I think it is better to use "units & Prices" in resource view. just becareful that you should fill two options as follow:
1) max/units time: the available amount of water in each period.
2) price/unit = 1