Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Level Activity with Multiple Resources

No replies
Oran O Leary
User offline. Last seen 8 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically level resources if I have more that one resource assigned to an activity? Say I have an activity 100 days long and the second resource assigned is only 10 days long. By default P6 makes this second resource start at the beginning of the activity. This does not change when I resource level. Ideally I would like this 10 day resource to move around within the 100 day activity until it finds its optimum start/finish dates within the 100 days to allow for more compact resource leveling with other similar resources in different activities. I can change the dates manually to get what I want but for +500 activities this is not really practical. Any thoughts? Cheers, ool.