Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Which button did I forget to press

7 replies [Last post]
Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Fellow PP’ers,
I’m in need of some advice.

Somehow in my schedules when I start and finish an activity its actuals are automatically set to the budgeted units for the resource assignments on that activity, without any manual or automated entry of information.

The resources in question DO NOT have the ’auto compute actuals’ selected.

I don’t think any of my individual user preferences or project level preferences are affecting this but I am very confused. Also another planner in our organisation is having the same trouble, but oddly enough a third planner does not seem to suffer from this issue.

The activities are generally Resource Dependant, Fixed Duration Units/Time and Duration % Complete.

And we are using the timesheet module, but one of the resources that I’m using (Pool/Parent Resource) does not have a timesheet created for it.

I reckon I’ve got something ticked or checked somewhere that is causing this, what do you think??

Andy

Replies

Andrew Dick
Dieter,
It was the project level setting on the calc tab for the recalculation of actuals based on duration % complete.

Struth! there are so many different things to set and many rabbit holes to run down with this thing.

Thanks
for your fast and helpful feedback.

Via La Planning Planet
Andrew Dick
Dieter,
Thanks mate, I’ll give that a crack.

Khuong,
Thanks for your feedback but I have also suffered from the trojan on your site, I would suggest that you need to clean it up before many more people try to use it as it will fail if people get a virus, because they just wont go back.

Andy
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
No personal opinions though,

Thats a great initiative, but try to solve the problem as early as possible, as more and more people will start looking into ur forum now.

ALL THE BEST!!!

Cheers,

Raviraj
Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 16 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Raviraj

I’m really sorry for the inconvenient we caused.

In fact we wanna build a strong community in VN where project management is still a new aspect.

One again, Please accept my apologize for problem you faced.

Thanks
Khuong
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi Andrew

Auto compute actuals is a nasty parameter. It comes from three sides:
- Resource, so any of the resource’s assignments will perform as scheduled - you excluded already
- Activities
- Expenses

The reason might be activity or expense.

Regards
Dieter
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Khuong,

It seems that, everytime somebody asks a query, u explain it in KPMS forum and then divert the route.

I know that u r one of the global moderator of the above site, but Dont take it in a rude way, but the fact is, the site is really very very slow and whenever i open it, antivirus software bangs on showing VIRUS FOUND in temperory internet files folder

So, requesting you, not to divert ur posts.

Cheers,

Ravi
Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 16 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Adrew
You can find the answer here:
http://kpms.com.vn/forum/index.php?topic=23.0

Thanks
Khuong